At a Glance:
Amana is a company with nearly 90 years of history producing appliances. What started as a commercial walk-in cooler brand evolved into a business that makes affordable appliances for the American market. Amana appliances are designed and assembled in the United States and it is one of the most trusted brands in the country.
Here’s everything you need to know about buying an Amana dishwasher for under $500.
If you are in the market for a dishwasher, Amana is one of the best brands to buy. There are several reasons why this brand should be at the top of your list. Here are just a few.
- You can save money on your appliances. Don’t break the bank on a single kitchen appliance. Use your savings for other areas of your life to update your entire kitchen without going over budget.
- This is a common brand. You should easily be able to find Amana dishwashers in your area. Our team at Spencer’s TV & Appliance always has a few on hand.
- The dishwashers are simply made. This is a good thing when you need your dishwasher repaired. Plumbers can easily identify the issues and take steps to repair them.
- Don’t get overwhelmed with features. You shouldn’t have to pay more for features you aren’t going to use. Focus on the key cycles you need to get your dishes clean.
- Buy American. Amana is an American company that is owned by Whirlpool. To this day, its dishwashers are still assembled in Amana, Iowa.
Every customer has different reasons for buying Amana dishwashers. You can read online reviews of this brand to learn all of the benefits of buying these models.
If you are still on the fence as to whether an Amana dishwasher is right for you, consider the demographics of people who buy these appliances. Here are a few groups of people who enjoy Amana dishwashers in their homes.
- First-time homebuyers. If you have an entry-level home, you don’t need to outfit your kitchen with luxury appliances. You might not get the return on investment you think. Instead, install basic appliances like Amana that work well and don’t cost much.
- Homeowners with guest houses. Furnish the kitchen in your mother-in-law suite, garage apartment, or other secondary housing with Amana appliances. This increases the comfort levels of the people who live there.
- Real estate investors. Amana is also a popular brand with developers who need to outfit multiple apartment units or different investment properties.
- Homeowners on a budget. Not everyone wants to spend extra to have luxury appliances in their home. If you don’t have the budget for high-end appliances (or just don’t want them) buy from Amana.
The dishwasher you choose should match the kitchen you live in. Not every house needs space-age appliances that take up more room than necessary.
Amana makes plenty of dishwasher models with different sizes and features. You can certainly find dishwashers for more than $500 if there are specific features and size needs you have for your home. However, if you just need a base model dishwasher, there’s no reason to pay more than $500. Here are two models to choose from that are both reliable and affordable.
This is the first dishwasher you should consider if you are shopping on a budget. It is a two-rack, classic white dishwasher with controls on the front. This dishwasher is easy to set and runs efficiently, allowing you to clean your dishes without sweating over too many settings.
If you are in a hurry, turn on the one-hour wash cycle. You can wash your dishes in a hurry, whether you want to get your chores done faster or need a specific pan to keep baking around the holidays.
There are three total wash cycles to choose from (normal, heavy, and one-hour) with additional options like a heated dry and high-temperature wash. There are just enough settings to customize your dishwasher cycle without adding unnecessary technology.
Not only is this an affordable white dishwasher, but it’s also a popular model with Amana customers. One reviewer writes, “Bought this dishwasher almost a month ago and have done several loads with it. It is very quiet and quick…I also love that the silverware tray is on the bottom tray and removable if needed.”
If you prefer a stainless steel model, choose this Amana dishwasher instead. The slate-gray plastic tub is designed to whisk away crumbs, grease, and other food particles that are rinsed from your dishes. The dirty water gets drained away quickly while the Triple Filter Wash System ensures a deeper clean for your dishes.
Opting for a basic stainless steel dishwasher means you can enjoy a slimmer console with fewer buttons. Spend less time choosing how your dishwasher runs and more time actually cleaning your plates and cookware.
This dishwasher comes with a 12-place setting capacity, which is ideal if you enjoy entertaining friends and family in your home. Your dishwasher can handle the large pile of plates left after a party so you aren’t stuck washing dishes the next day.
This is an Energy Star® qualified washer, which means it has a proven track record of using less energy and less water to get high-quality results. You might notice a slight drop in your utilities cost after you switch to this model.
While buying from a trusted brand can ensure you have a long-lasting dishwasher, the longevity of your appliance is also in your control. If you regularly clean and maintain your dishwasher, you can increase its lifespan within your home.
Cleaning an Amana dishwasher isn’t hard. Here are a few steps to follow.
- Fill a dishwasher-safe bowl with white vinegar, then run your dishwasher on hot.
- Skip the drying cycle and let your dishwasher air dry instead.
- Wipe down the exterior of your dishwasher and the rubber insulation that seals the door.
- Remove the filter and clean it out – this prevents build-up and clogs.
You can also increase the longevity of your dishwasher by following a few best practices. Avoid overfilling the machine, which can prevent your dishes from getting thoroughly clean. Make sure you only clean dishwasher-safe items, otherwise you could ruin your favorite cookware while also damaging your dishwasher.
A well-cared-for dishwasher can serve a household for more than a decade while providing top levels of performance with each cycle.
Are Amana dishwashers quiet?
Amana uses multiple soundproofing tools to reduce the noise created by its dishwashers. The appliances run at 55 decibels, which means you won’t hear it once you leave the room. This is ideal for parents of small kids who need to nap in the afternoon.
How long should an Amana dishwasher run?
The average cycle time for an Amana dishwasher is 1.5 hours. You can also choose the Quick Wash cycle with only takes an hour. There are some longer cycle options that can keep your dishwasher running for two or three hours, but those are frequently found on advanced models. You can also shorten the cycle by skipping the drying portion.
Is Amana a good brand?
Amana has a good reputation in the American market. It is known for providing quality, long-lasting appliances at affordable prices. This is a budget appliance brand that doesn’t add extra frills to its products.
Since 1973, Spencer’s TV & Appliance has grown to 10 locations throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. The secret to our longevity is simple: personal service. Customer satisfaction have always been the focus of our business, and throughout the years, we have been able to work hard with our suppliers to bring you the best prices. After all, getting customers the best price and personal attention is how we compete with big-box stores, day in and day out.
Not only do we offer top-rated appliances, name-brand electronics, and the best mattresses on the market but we also provide water treatment solutions and perform kitchen design services. Stop by your nearest Spencer’s and see what you’re missing!
Shop Amana Dishwashers at Spencer’s
At Spencer’s TV & Appliance, we provide high-quality, name-brand products at great prices — check out our catalog to shop Amana dishwashers online today. Your friends in the business are always happy to help you find an affordable Amana dishwasher for your home. Call us, or better yet, stop by at one of our locations in the Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Glendale regions. Visit us today!
Learn More: Get Introduced to the Amana Top Load Washer