When it comes to family meals, nothing quite seals in flavors like gas cooking. A gas range exudes a classic look with cast-iron grates that look sturdy enough to tackle heavy-handed use and flexible enough to cook virtually any meal. Check out our 8 best gas ranges to discover how you can unlock culinary excellence.
The Best Gas Ranges: Our Top Picks
Best Overall Gas Range: GE 30” Slide In Gas Range (JGSS66SEL) ‒ “This GE gas range is stocked with two 15,000-BTU Power Boil Burners (so you can steam your veggies and sear your meats simultaneously) and a large 10,000-BTU Oval Burner so you can wield a griddle or other oddly sized cookware.”
Best Value Gas Range: Whirlpool 30” Freestanding Gas Range (WFG525S0) ‒ “This Whirlpool gas range has a SpeedHeat™ burner to sear meats and boil water quickly, in addition to a center oval burner that can heat long cookware.”
Best Luxury Gas Range: Thor Kitchen 48” Pro Style Gas Range (HRG4808U) ‒ “Among its more impressive cooking capabilities, this Thor pro style gas range offers an infrared gas flame broiler that radiates heat evenly to sear your food and seal in the juices.”
Best Slide In Gas Range: KitchenAid 30” Slide In Gas Range (KSGG700E) ‒ “This beautiful KitchenAid gas range produces flawless cooking results thanks to Even-Heat™ True Convection and EasyConvect™ Conversion.”
Best Double Oven Gas Range: LG 30” Slide In Gas Double Oven Range (LTG4715) ‒ “With this LG gas range, you can stop reaching over hot pans to adjust your cooktop burners, thanks to sleek, angled controls that put power and visibility at your fingertips.”
Best Freestanding Gas Range: Frigidaire 30” Freestanding Gas Range (FFGF3054) ‒ “This Frigidaire gas range gets meals to the table faster with a 17,000 BTU burner that boils pasta water faster than the traditional setting.”
Best 30 Inch Gas Range: Samsung 30” Slide In Gas Range (NX58R9311) ‒ “This Samsung gas range also allows you to enjoy the flexibility to cook with differently sized pans simultaneously.”
Best 36 Inch Gas Range: KitchenAid 36” Freestanding Gas Range (KFGC506J) ‒ “This sprawling Monogram gas range features an industry-exclusive TrueTemp™ 21,000-BTU gas burner, which offers a precision temperature-management system for a consistently delicious cooking experience."
- MSRP: $1,499‒$1,599
- Product Dimensions (WxHxD): 30 x 36-1/4 x 29-1/4 inches
- Oven Capacity: 5.3 cubic feet
- Available Colors: Stainless Steel (JGSS66SELSS), Slate (JGSS66EELES), and Black Slate (JGSS66FELDS)
- Extra-Large Integrated Non-Stick Griddle ‒ Cook up to six grilled cheeses at once on the industry's largest integrated griddle.
- Edge-To-Edge Cooktop ‒ A large, continuous cooking surface gives you extra room for pots and pans of all sizes and lets cookware move easily from burner to burner.
- Steam Clean ‒ Save time and effort by steam-cleaning the oven after cooking—no special cleaners, kits, or extra steps required.
The large cooking surface of this GE 30” Slide In Gas Range also gives you extra room for pots and pans of all sizes, letting you move cookware more easily on this five-burner cooking surface. Speaking of burners, this GE gas range is stocked with two 15,000-BTU Power Boil Burners (so you can steam your veggies on one burner while searing a steak on the other) and a large 10,000-BTU Oval Burner so you can wield a griddle or other oddly sized cookware. Is it any wonder it tops our list of the best gas ranges?
- MSRP: $849‒$999
- Product Dimensions (WxHxD): 29-7/8 x 36 x 27-7/8 inches
- Oven Capacity: 5.0 cubic feet
- Available Colors: Stainless Steel (WFG525S0JS), Finger Resistant Stainless Steel (WFG525S0JZ), Black Stainless Steel (WFG525S0JV), and Black (WFG525S0JB)
- Center Oval Burner ‒ Easily fit large griddles and other longer cookware on this fifth burner so they heat evenly on the stove.
- Keep Warm setting ‒ Keep dishes from getting cold with this setting that delivers low heat to the oven.
- Adjustable Self-Cleaning Technology ‒ Clean without harsh chemicals or special cleaners by running this high-temperature setting that automatically cleans the oven according to a preprogrammed cycle.
This affordably priced Whirlpool 30” Freestanding Gas Range cements itself as one of the best gas ranges, thanks to a SpeedHeat™ burner that allows you to sear meats and boil water quickly, in addition to a center oval burner that can heat long cookware. Not only that, but this Whirlpool gas range also prevents cooked food from getting cold with the Keep Warm setting. Plus, it’s easy to keep the range clean thanks to dishwasher-safe cast-iron grates and Adjustable Self-Cleaning Technology.
- MSRP: $5,399
- Product Dimensions (WxHxD): 47-7/8 x 38 x 26 inches
- Oven Capacity: 4.2 cubic feet (large oven); 2.5 cubic feet (small oven)
- Available Colors: Stainless Steel (HRG4808U)
- Six efficient burners ‒ The cooktop features three 18,000-BTU burners in the front and three 15,000-BTU burners with 650-BTU simmering in the back.
- Commercial Convection Fan ‒ This fan circulates heat in the oven for even distribution and quicker timing.
- Infrared Broil Burner ‒ This high-end 16,500-BTU broiler radiates heat to sear your food to perfection.
The Thor Kitchen 48” Pro Style Gas Range is designed to give you the power you need for large family meals while elevating the look of your kitchen. Among its more impressive cooking capabilities, this Thor pro style gas range offers an infrared gas flame broiler that radiates heat evenly to sear your food and seal in the juices. Similarly, the commercial convection fan provides controlled heat distribution for fast and efficient cooking. And in the spirit of efficiency, the dual ovens in this 48-inch model allow you to cook multiple dishes at once.
- MSRP: $2,299‒$2,399
- Product Dimensions (WxHxD): 29-7/8 x 36 x 26-3/8 inches
- Oven Capacity: 5.8 cubic feet
- Available Colors: Stainless Steel (KSGG700ESS) and Black Stainless Steel (KSGG700EBS)
- Even-Heat™ True Convection ‒ This system’s unique bow-tie design and convection fan ensure the inside of the entire oven is heated to the perfect temperature for all your entrées and sides and stays there the entire the cooking process.
- EasyConvect™ Conversion ‒ This feature takes the guesswork out of convection cooking by converting conventional settings for recipes to convection settings for you.
- Aqualift® ‒ This innovative system combines low heat with water to release baked-on spills, cleaning your oven in less than an hour without odors and at a temperature below 200 degrees.
This beautiful KitchenAid 30” Slide In Gas Range produces flawless cooking results thanks to Even-Heat™ True Convection. This KitchenAid gas range also features a Steam Rack that offers the ability to add additional moisture to the inside of the oven, enhancing cooking results. If that’s not enough, the spacious 5.8 cubic-foot oven provides a large cooking cavity that is perfect for preparing multiple dishes at once. And if you have an eye for design, it might excite you to know that this range sits flush against your cabinetry for a modern built-in look.
- MSRP: $2,899‒$2,999
- Product Dimensions (WxHxD): 29-7/8 x 37-7/8 x 28-15/16 inches
- Oven Capacity: 4.3 cubic feet (lower oven) and 2.6 cubic feet (upper oven)
- Available Colors: Stainless Steel (LTG4715ST) and Black Stainless Steel (LTG4715BD)
- ProBake Convection® ‒ Inspired by pro-style ranges, LG moved the heating element from the bottom of the oven to the back wall for optimal heat distribution.
- SmoothTouch™ Glass Controls ‒ Sleek, angled controls put power and visibility at your fingertips while bringing an updated, stylish look to your kitchen.
- ThinQ® Technology ‒ This LG range comes with Proactive Customer Care, activated when you download the ThinQ® app and connect your smart appliance.
With the LG 30” Slide In Gas Double Oven Range, you can stop reaching over hot pans to adjust your cooktop burners. But that’s not what makes this product one of the best gas ranges. In addition, this LG range is stocked with two ovens that allow you to prepare multiple courses at once, a ProBake Convection® system that delivers even baking results on every rack. Lastly, there is an EasyClean® button that enables the fastest oven-cleaning feature yet at 10 minutes, and LG UltraHeat™ 18,500-BTU burners that bring every bit of precision you love about gas but with even more power.
- MSRP: $949‒$999
- Product Dimensions (WxHxD): 29-7/8 x 47 x 25-3/4 inches
- Oven Capacity: 5.0 cubic feet
- Available Colors: Stainless Steel (FFGF3054TS), Black (FFGF3054TB), and White (FFGF3054TW)
- One-Touch Self Clean ‒ Your oven cleans itself with self-clean options available in 2-, 3-, and 4-hour cycles.
- Quick Boil ‒ The 17,000 BTU burner boils water faster than the traditional setting.
- Continuous Corner-to-Corner Grates ‒ Move heavy pots and pans without lifting with continuous corner-to-corner grates.
The Frigidaire 30” Freestanding Gas Range gets meals to the table faster with a 17,000 BTU burner that boils pasta water faster than the traditional setting. Conveniences like continuous corner-to-corner grates, large oven capacity, and a low-simmer burner won’t make you miss the built-in look of a slide-in range. What’s more, the oven on this freestanding range cleans itself—so you don’t have to—with self-clean options available in 2-, 3-, and 4-hour cycles.
- MSRP: $1,399‒$1,499
- Product Dimensions (WxHxD): 24-13/16 x 22-7/16 x 19-3/4 inches
- Oven Capacity: 6.0 cubic feet
- Available Colors: Stainless Steel (NX60T8311SS) and Black Stainless Steel (NX60T8311SG)
- Glass Touch Controls ‒ Premium touch controls that are easy to use and clean.
- Self Clean ‒ This self-cleaning system entails a high-heat setting that burns off grease and food residue in the oven cavity, leaving a fine ash that you can quickly wipe clean.
- Wide View Window ‒ Check cooking progress without opening the door and losing heat.
Not only does it fit in most standard cabinet openings, but the Samsung 30” Slide In Gas Range also allows you to enjoy the flexibility to cook with differently sized pans simultaneously. When you’re pressed for time, this range boils water quickly with a 17,000-BTU power burner, and when you’re entertaining dinner guests, it can melt chocolate or simmer sauces with a low-power 5,000-BTU simmer burner.
8. Best 36 Inch:Monogram Statement Collection 36” Stainless Steel Pro Style Dual Fuel Range (ZDP364NDTSS)
- MSRP: $10,200
- Product Dimensions (WxHxD): 35-1/4 x 35-7/8 x 28-1/2 inches
- Oven Capacity: 5.75 cubic feet
- Available Colors: Stainless Steel (ZDP364NDTSS)
- Built-In WiFi, Powered by SmartHQ™ app ‒ Perfectly in sync with your busy lifestyle, this Monogram gas range allows you to connect, control, and manage your oven from anywhere with your smartphone or tablet.
- 3-Piece Grates with Reversible Wok Feature ‒ Reversible grates are easy to clean and complement different culinary techniques, with a flat side for traditional cooking and contoured side that perfectly holds round-bottom woks.
- Hot Air Fry ‒ A must-have for health-conscious cooks, the Hot Air Fry mode crisps food to crunchy perfection, without using oils or butter.
This Monogram 36” gas range comes with an industry-exclusive TrueTemp™ 21,000-BTU gas burner, which offers a precision temperature-management system that works with Hestan Cue™ cookware for a consistently delicious cooking experience. Versatile gas burner configuration delivers exceptional cooking flexibility while the 21,000- and 23,000-BTU multi-ring brass burners and dual-stack burners offer a range of heat settings, from a gentle simmer to an intense flame.
Shop Gas Ranges at Spencer’s
If you have other questions about any of our best gas ranges, please feel free to call or visit your friends in the business at Spencer’s TV & Appliance at any of our 10 locations in the Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Glendale regions. We are proud to have been serving the Phoenix area since 1973.