We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: With ENERGY STAR® qualified appliances, you can save money on your utility bills and help reduce our impact on the environment. More than just a government-backed symbol for energy-efficiency, ENERGY STAR® is synonymous with simple, credible, and unbiased information that homeowners can rely on to make a well-informed purchase—such as a brand-new refrigerator.
Many of today’s refrigerators use less energy compared to older models, thanks to recent improvements in insulation—and if there is an ENERGY STAR® logo in view, you can expect that refrigerator to be about 9 percent more energy efficient than models that meet the federal minimum energy efficiency standard.
By properly recycling your old refrigerator and replacing it with an energy-efficient model, you can save more than $200 over the 12-year lifetime of the product. Check out 7 of our best energy-efficient refrigerators below to learn how you can maximize your energy and dollar savings without sacrificing the features you want.
1. From Bosch…
Bosch Refrigerator Overview:
With pre-programmed freshness settings to optimize temperature and humidity to keep meat, fish, and produce fresher for longer, the Bosch 800 Series 21 Cu. Ft. French Door Bottom Freezer Refrigerator (B36CT80SNS and B36CT80SNB) caters to your every need—all while being energy efficient.
At just the push of the EcoMode button, this energy-saving fridge adjusts to an economical chilling temperature. And thanks to HolidayMode, you can get away with a clear conscience. When activated, HolidayMode switches the temperature in the fridge and freezer compartments to protect foods while preventing energy wastage.
But wait—there’s more. A thoughtfully placed interior water dispenser doles out refreshing water at the touch of a button or a push of a nozzle. Dual compressors and evaporators offer precise cooling and humidity control while reducing odor transfer. A large overall capacity offers plenty of space with three separate gallon door bins in the fridge compartment and an extra-deep frozen food drawer that can fit a stack of pizzas or a wedding cake.
Bosch Refrigerator Features:
- VitaFreshPro™ – Preset settings in crisper drawers automatically balance both temperature and humidity.
- FreshProtect™ – This in-drawer filter absorbs naturally occurring ethylene to slow ripening so that produce stays fresher longer.
- MultiAirFlow™ – This feature evenly circulates cool, fresh air to maintain consistent temperatures throughout the entire fridge cavity, from the door bins to back corners.
- Home Connect™ – Remotely control and monitor your appliance to efficiently manage your day.
2. From Café…
Cafe Refrigerator Overview:
Style doesn’t have to replace substance. With the Café™ 27.56 Cu. Ft. 4-Door French Door Refrigerator (CVE28DP2NS1, CVE28DP3ND1, and CVE28DP4NW2), you can reap the benefits of chic design and undeniable performance, but most importantly, you can enjoy the same chilling power as standard refrigerators while using less energy.
A hallmark of this GE subsidiary brand, you can create a kitchen that is a total reflection of you, with your choice of a stainless steel, matte black, or matte white finish, you can further personalize your energy-saving refrigerator with hardware options in brushed bronze, stainless steel, black, or copper. As a testament to this Café fridge being the confluence of form and function, you can experience more space inside your appliance, thanks to an in-the-door icemaker that makes more room for your favorite foods.
Cafe Refrigerator Features:
- LED light wall – Spanning the back wall of the refrigerator, this feature casts a bright, uniform light to illuminate the fridge compartment, making every item easy to find.
- Humidity Control System – A sealed Wet Zone bin maintains high humidity for fruits and vegetables and a vented Dry Zone bin harbors produce that prefer a dryer environment.
- Convertible Drawer with Soft Freeze – Enjoy flexibility with settings as low as 23 degrees or as high as 42 degrees, and keep items organized with sliding glass dividers.
- Next Gen Dispenser – Automatically dispense the perfect amount of filtered water with sensors that detect the container's size.
3. From Frigidaire…
Frigidaire Refrigerator Overview:
The Frigidaire® 20.4 Cu. Ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator (FFHT2033VS, FFHT2033VE, and FFHT2033VP) fits the same space as an 18 cubic-foot top-freezer refrigerator, but it has 2.0 cubic feet of additional capacity, which bodes well for homes with compact kitchens.
Among its top convenient features, this fridge’s bright LED lighting helps you find food faster, the full-width wire freezer shelf gives you a way to organize items in this compartment better, the reversible door can be installed to open left or right based on your needs, and the clear dairy bin keeps foods like butter, cheese, and yogurt organized.
As a bonus, top-freezer refrigerators save more energy because the heat-generating compressor, which is near the bottom of the fridge compartment, is farther away from the freezer in this configuration compared to other models.
Frigidaire Refrigerator Features:
- Store-More™ Humidity-Controlled Crisper Drawers – Keep your fruits and vegetables fresh in Frigidaire’s humidity-controlled crisper drawers.
- Store-More™ Gallon Door Shelf – Door storage gives you room for larger items like a gallon of milk.
- SpillSafe® Shelves – These are designed to keep spills contained, making cleanup a breeze.
4. From GE Profile…
GE Profile Refrigerator Overview:
Not only does the GE Profile™ Series 25.26 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator (PSE25KSHSS and PSE25KBLTS) offer ample storage space for all of your leftovers, produce, and dairy items, but it also saves energy with a Turbo Cool setting that drops the interior temperature to maintain freshness after frequent openings.
Among other features, you can expect glass freezer shelves that exude a high-end appearance and a Quick Ice setting that creates ice up to 50 percent faster than normal settings.
GE Profile Refrigerator Features:
- Adjustable slide-out, spill-proof glass shelves – Raised edges help contain spills and make cleanup quick and easy.
- Fresh-food multi-level drawers – Thanks to this organization feature, you can provide the ideal environment for storing your fruits and vegetables.
- Multi-level freezer baskets – This organization feature provides plenty of easy-access storage for frozen foods.
- Adjustable Clear Look door bins – These offer ideal space for large containers in the door and free up valuable shelf space.
5. From LG…
LG Refrigerator Overview:
With the LG 27.60 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator (LMXS28596S and LMXS28596D), you can raid the fridge without losing your cool. Let us explain. InstaView™ Door-in-Door® refrigerators have a sleek glass panel that allows you to see inside the easy-access door without letting the cold air out. Simply knock twice on the glass to illuminate the contents within. How’s that for saving energy?
Furthermore, this energy-efficient fridge allows you to stock up and store everything you need with a cavernous 28 cubic feet of space, and it’s got a fingerprint- and smudge-resistant finish to boot.
LG Refrigerator Features:
- Double Freezer Drawers – With two separate freezer drawers, you have easy, organized access to the things you need often—and ample, lower space for the things you don’t.
- Door Cooling+ – This LG feature maintains the internal temperature more evenly and cools 35 percent quicker than a conventional cooling system.
- ThinQ® Technology with Proactive Customer Care – Use the LG SmartThinQ® app to control key features and get important notifications from anywhere. It even works with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa so you can operate smart features with your voice.
- Slim SpacePlus® Ice System – Ice makers are great, but not if it means you can't fit all your food in the fridge. This ice-making system provides more shelf space and allows even more space for door bins.
6. From Samsung…
Samsung Refrigerator Overview:
Stocked with a glass panel of its own, this Samsung 26.5 Cu. Ft. Fingerprint Resistant 3-Door French Door Refrigerator (RF27T5501SR and RF27T5501SG) lets you shop for groceries, search for recipes, stream music from your favorite apps, and pre-heat your oven from the interactive Family Hub screen on the front of the appliance.
Yes, even with all these bells and whistles, this Samsung refrigerator is ENERGY STAR® qualified, and it was Awarded the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s 2020 ENERGY STAR® Emerging Technology Award. Going a step further, this energy-saving fridge lets you peek inside your refrigerator without having you open the appliance, thanks to connectivity with the SmartThings mobile app.
Samsung Refrigerator Features:
- Full-width internal refrigerator drawer – Store party platters, deli items, beverages and so much more with a large drawer that makes organizing a breeze.
- Adjustable Spill-Proof Shelves – Removable shelves go from standard to slide-in or flip-up to store bottles and other tall items with ease.
- Door Alarm – Whenever the door is closed incorrectly or left open for an extended period, your refrigerator will beep to alert you.
- Water Filter Indicator – Enjoy purified and deodorized water supply from your fridge. When the maximum usage limit is reached for each filter, a red light will appear to signal a need for replacement.
7. From Whirlpool…
Whirlpool Refrigerator Overview:
Get the flexibility your family needs with purposeful spaces that store more of your favorites. In addition to being ENERGY STAR® certified, the Whirlpool® 21.3 Cu. Ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator (WRT541SZDM, WRT541SZDB, and WRT541SZDW) has LED lights that keep your food looking as good as it tastes, quiet cooling won't interrupt family time in the kitchen, and electronic temperature controls that let you choose the ideal temperature for whatever foods you're storing with convenient, up-front controls.
As far as appliance brands go, no one has fewer top-mount refrigerator repairs 20 years in a row, so you can rest assured your Whirlpool fridge will continue to function the way your family needs it to—it’s no wonder Whirlpool is the #1 Selling Appliance Brand in the U.S.A.
Whirlpool Refrigerator Features:
- Flexi-Slide™ Bin – Make space for tall items with the bin that quickly and easily moves side-to-side for convenient storage options.
- Humidity-Controlled Crispers – Store fruits and vegetables in their ideal environment.
- EZ Connect Icemaker Kit – This optional icemaker adds convenient, easily accessible ice without having to worry about refilling ice trays.
- Freezer Temperature Controls – Keep frozen items ice cold with controls that allow you to adjust the temperature level in the freezer compartment.
Let Us Help You
For the best energy-efficient refrigerators, look no further than our digital catalog! And if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact your friends in the business at Spencer’s TV & Appliance. Whether you call or visit us at any of our 10 store locations in the Phoenix area, we are always happy to help.